Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 October 2020 at 10:00am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Jesus God almighty, please go out and vote before Nov 4. PLEASE!

Especially since Election Day is Nov 3!
Back to Top profile | search

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 October 2020 at 12:20pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

November 3rd is Democrat election day; November 4th is Republican election day.

Trust me.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 October 2020 at 1:39pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I received my absentee ballot, filled it out and drove it personally to my polling center where a cadre of volunteers were waiting, smiling and happy to see me.  My ballot is registered with Ballot Trax.....so I got a text message letting me know my ballot was officially received and processed.

I wouldn’t dare trust the mail with a ballot right now.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 October 2020 at 3:09pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Brian M. - thanks for catching my subtle point. Sigh...

See, I would've said "vote on Nov 3", but so many outlets are available to vote before that I didn't want anyone to miss it, and especially not early.

Kevin B., - You bad boy! Just for that, you have to clean out Ben Grimm's sports equipment locker for a week! :) :) :)  COROLLARY: I wonder if Ben sweats.

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 October 2020 at 3:40pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Like David, received my ballot, filled it out, dropped it off (all of this within an hour) and with tracking, saw my ballot was counted. Couldn't be safer or easier. Vote!

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 October 2020 at 11:58pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Cast my vote a week ago - dropped it off myself - of course I am from the DEEP BLUE state of California, so I really could have sat this one out and my state's electoral vote would have still gone to Biden/Harris in a walk, but it was the principal of the damn thing!! 

Marc

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2020 at 12:42am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I have never sat out a vote. Even when I lived in a region of the U.K.
called South Staffordshire - a place that was so Conservative that
Labour, one time, didn’t even Field a candidate.

I still voted, knowing it was a fruitless exercise. Because voting is that
important to me.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2020 at 5:31am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

We’re going to early vote Monday. Our votes won’t make a difference
but there’s no way this is going by and I’m not doing my part to get him
out of office.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2020 at 5:59am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Did anyone watch the dueling town halls last night?

If you ever wanted a text book definition of the word ‘CONTRAST’ this was your chance.

I watched Joe.  And I came away impressed.  His answered were detailed (sometimes too long) and informed.  He even had the audacity to ask the person asking the question if they were satisfied with his answer!!

He was a calming, steady presence and he seemed comfortable seeking a leadership role and he was confident, and hopeful.   

Was it perfect?  No.  But it was PRESIDENTIAL!  

Trump’s little show was the visual equivalent of watching Charles Manson dip puppies into a bucket of acid.  He was sweaty, agitated, combative wreck, perched at the edge of his seat and glowering.  He took the opportunity yet again to lie, confuse, and obfuscate.  He had the temerity to claim he “probably” owes 400 million to foreign interests...but it’s nothing compared to how much he’s worth!   Which begs the question “Then why are you carrying the debt!?”  

He really thinks he is the smartest guy in the room!  And if that room Is one of his rallies he probably is.

BIDEN/HARRIS 2020 💙 

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 16 October 2020 at 7:04am

Andrew Davey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2020 at 6:51am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Businesses carry debt, it is normal. The amount of that debt may sound large to our ears but it depends on the capital structure of the enterprise. We don't know enough about the Trump organization but decent banks typically try not to over-lend and over-leverage and create more risk of default. (typically)

What raises concerns is who that debt is owed to. Credible banks?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2020 at 7:13am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

David, I did watch the Biden town hall. One part of my brain said that this was the baseline for a presidential candidate - calm, rational, reasoned, personable, communicative, friendly, and concerned. No one asked a question whom he didn't make feel that he was proud to speak with them. They asked questions and he obfuscated almost not at all. He had straight answers; he had statistics; he had plans; and he didn't brush off the questions and he made sure to check that he answered their questions.

And then, as noted under other cover, he stuck around an extra half hour TO BE SURE THAT EVERYONE GOT TO SPEAK WITH HIM. He had to know that the broadcast time was up; but it didn't matter to him. He made EVERYONE feel special. He treated George Stephanopoulos (sic) - um, Smith? - with dignity and respect. Dignity and respect - his whole night was about that. He even spoke more about what he was going to do than about what Trump had done wrong. I was never more convinced that this was the right man than last night.

And one special moment upon which I never thought I would see the sun shine. Mr. Biden was talking about how important voting is, and he said to vote for him if they believed in his plan and agenda - and if they disagreed, he told them to go out and vote for Trump! I friggin' cheered at that! Someone presenting as more concerned with America's destiny than his own selection for president.

And Trump spoke on those ratings-mongers NBC.* Did I need to see it? Why? It's the same shit I've seen for four years and I was frustrated enough that he got his whiny forum. Shame on you, NBC. Shame.

*Because I like MSNBC, I switched them on after the town hall. Even THEY (Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell) seemed a little contemptuous of their own network.

If I had questions, they were answered last night. Now go out and vote. It MATTERS.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2020 at 7:54am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Cast my vote a week ago - dropped it off myself - of course I am from the DEEP BLUE state of California, so I really could have sat this one out and my state's electoral vote would have still gone to Biden/Harris in a walk, but it was the principal of the damn thing!! 

Marc

I'm in Illinois, I could sit it out as well, but I won't.  I want to say I helped vote the orange bastard out of office.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |