Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 55 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.15--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 7:36am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Finally some progress on the Havok blast.  Makes sense that Lorna would have lots of experience helping direct it so he didn't destroy stuff (this storyline isn't that long after the two spent years in the desert together).  Wondering now if Wanda going into a coma will be tied into Jean somehow.  Will be interesting to see where this all goes.  Love seeing the Vision as a loving husband again - hated his becoming an emotionless machine during JB's Avengers West Coast run as I liked the weird dynamic of a mutant being in love with a machine.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 7:38am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Oh yes. The AVENGERS! I actually somehow forgot about them and the other X-Men!

Lovely scene. And of course Lorna focused the blast outside. I recall that Magneto sort of did the same thing the first time he faced the Phoenix. Those magnetism wielders... they got some horses under the hood.

I was rather impressed the way you drew Wanda. She is a healthy young woman, to put it delicately, but you drew her the way a woman on her back would look.

Your art is a never ending vault of verisimilitude, and I enjoy it every day. Thank you.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 7:49am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I was rather impressed the way you drew Wanda. She is a healthy young woman, to put it delicately, but you drew her the way a woman on her back would look.

•••

Thru the span of my career I’ve been complimented many times by female readers who appreciate the fact that I draw real breasts. Sometimes large, sometimes small, but portrayed as something other than rock hard cantaloupes. It’s one of the things I find most gratifying when noticed.

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 10:01am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

This series is part comic book, part magic show. I had let go of the Nightcrawler thread. Now I'm as eager to see what Kurt is up to as I am to see Jean face her new normal.

These are the good old days!

Jason K Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 10:11am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

It is kind of strange that a character based around stealth (Nightcrawler) leaves such a distinct odor when he uses his power. I guess its his version of kryptonite?

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 10:19am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Jason: It is kind of strange that a character based around stealth (Nightcrawler) leaves such a distinct odor when he uses his power. I guess its his version of kryptonite?

Sulfer-and-brimstone have associations with demons and the devil, which is more along the lines of what Nightcrawler is "based" around.

The general idea is that his mutation makes him an outsider --even his super-power. Cyclops might be able to relate.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 10:48am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Kurt is great for stealth action ONCE HE’S ON SITE. He can sneak around better than just about anybody. But his teleportation is not part of his stealth skill set.

Larry Gil
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 11:44am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Really loves the way JB draws Wanda ...Would be great if she stayed on with this team...and Quicksilver . Great characters that I miss . 

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 1:15pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Sulfer-and-brimstone have associations with demons and the devil, which is more along the lines of what Nightcrawler is "based" around
-----------------------------

The phrase is fire and brimstone.

Brimstone is sulfur, and therefore 'sulfur and brimstone' is tautological. Beast should know better. However, he's likely still a bit shaken up by the explosion and hence the slip.

Robbie Moubert
Byrne Robotics Member

Evertonian

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 1:22pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

QUOTE:
Finally some progress on the Havok blast.

Finally? The blast happened on page 11 of the last issue. It's been exactly one issue since it happened.

Edited by Robbie Moubert on 18 September 2020 at 1:24pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Chris Durnell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 2:37pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

It's interesting that all the comatose mutants seemed to wake up (or activated their powers) at the same time as the "energy ripple".  Havok exploded.  Polaris contained it.  Nightcrawler teleported away.  And the Scarlet Witch is probably responsible for the debris not hitting anyone.  The last two perhaps instinctively instead of consciously.

I don't know if it is related to Phoenix, or another new plot.  But it's intriguing.

Ron Grant
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2020 at 5:44pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Another mystery to ponder over the weekend always leave
em wanting more.
Thanks JB

<< Prev Page of 55 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |