Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 23 Next >>
Topic: January 6 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2022 at 1:32pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

AND they voted to punish GOP Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for their work on the House committee investigating the Jan. 6th insurrection! They accused them of “participating in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse”.

Also, they advanced a rule change that would prohibit candidates from participating in debates organized by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

CRAZY.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2022 at 1:36pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

New York Times:

>>
Senator Mitt Romney, Republican of Utah, wrote on Twitter, “Shame falls on a party that would censure persons of conscience, who seek truth in the face of vitriol. Honor attaches to Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for seeking truth even when doing so comes at great personal cost.” 

He did not mention that the party chairwoman who presided over the meeting and orchestrated the censure resolution, Ronna McDaniel, is his niece.
<<

Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2022 at 2:19pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

They are doing every delay tactic and pleading of the fifth when not outright refusing subpoenas to get to those midterms they're sure they will win and regain both houses, installing Trump as speaker of the house and really sticking it to all the dumb libs and never Trumpers. Is it going to be one of these last second affairs like in movies, or is it going to be the start of no way back?

I thought this kind of destruction, especially so blatant and stupidly, could never succeed in the U.S. Now seeing all the trucker anti-mandate 'protesters' across Canada currently, some with prominent U.S. and Trump flags though, I suspect we are fewer steps behind up here than I'd like to know! I believe Putin is still laughing his ass off sometimes, but what a relief that they blew his cover of staging people in Ukrainian uniforms committing atrocities along the lines of Hilary drinking children's blood... I still hope to live to at least see Trumpo in exile with his commie-fascist-goon pal there even if in a golden palace while the poor starve, but if he is made speaker in 2022/23 I will have to actually vomit.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 04 February 2022 at 2:22pm

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2022 at 6:06pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Uhm... Speaker of the House? That's a new one lol

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2022 at 8:55pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Just google "trump speaker"... L.A. Times, CNN, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Vanity Fair pieces starting in December.

from Vanity Fair, Bess Levin, Dec. 7, 2021:

Republicans Are Still Floating an Insane Scenario in Which They Make Trump House Speaker in 2023.

“Can you just imagine Nancy Pelosi having to hand that gavel to Donald J. Trump?” Matt Gaetz, a cringeworthy Trump loyalist, asked the audience. “She didn’t like when that Jan. 6 guy was sitting in her chair in her office,” he said, referring to the rioter who posed with his feet on Pelosi’s desk as the Capitol was being attacked. “She is sure not going to like seeing Donald Trump sitting in her chair."

Last month, former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows told Steve Bannon, “I would love to see the gavel go from Nancy Pelosi to Donald Trump. You talk about melting down…people would go crazy.” Meadows added: “As you know, you don’t have to be an elected member of Congress to be the Speaker. She would go from tearing up a speech to having to give the gavel to Donald Trump.”

As Rolling Stone notes, “The Constitution does not specify that the Speaker of the House must be a member of Congress, so…if a majority of House members voted to support his speakership, it’s possible he could serve in that role."

Trump could be the automatic foil to President [Joe] Biden, commanding media attention 24/7. And then there’s the appeal of State of the Union night, when he would get to stand behind Biden, just like the current House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., stood behind Trump when he was president.

It’s a mass media performance opportunity Trump would revel in. And as some of his supporters like [conservative talk show host Wayne Allyn] Root have suggested, the speakership would be the perfect place for Trump to take political revenge from.

“You become the Speaker of the House, lead the impeachment of Biden, and start criminal investigations against Biden,” Root told Trump [during an interview]. “You’ll wipe them out for his last two years, and then you’ll be president. Do it!”

Washington Post, Aaron Blake, Dec. 8, 2021:

But Trump keeps being noncommittal, and allies such as Gaetz, Bannon, Mark Meadows and Matt Schlapp keep playing into the idea, for one reason or another. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) — the would-be speaker himself — raised eyebrows last month by appearing to say of Trump, “He tells me he wants to be speaker, and I think he should be president.”

Members of the House Freedom Caucus such as Gaetz and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) are balking at the idea of McCarthy’s becoming speaker, leading to questions about whether he’ll have the votes. Greene said recently, “We know that Kevin McCarthy has a problem in our conference. He doesn’t have the full support to be speaker.”

Greene, of course, says lots of things. Merely raising the prospect of bypassing McCarthy for speaker and maybe even installing Trump works politically for Trump and his allies on a number of levels.

(insert shrug emoticon here?) :^/

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 March 2022 at 2:01pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I’m personally disgusted that the Democrats in the House are not calling for an immediate investigation into Judge Thomas & his wife ....LINK....we've long been in an era of NO accountability for those in leadership positions. The Supreme Court is becoming a joke as is the standards in our government. WHEN does the madness end??

Our lawmakers are making it painfully clear that some people ARE above the law. One step closer to losing what's left of our democracy.

-C!

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 March 2022 at 6:58pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

From the article, we can see that Mrs. Thomas is a far-right winger who made some dumb comments, but what evidence do you see of criminal activity by the Thomases?

I'm assuming when she sent these texts, she thought they'd remain private.  So when she says "those who attacked the Capitol are not representative of our great teams of patriots" it seems her disapproval of the attack was sincere.

You can't start a congressional investigation just because you disagree with someone's political beliefs.  

If you see more than that here, what am I missing?

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 March 2022 at 10:49pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I don't know if Clarence Thomas did anything illegal, but he most certainly acted unethically when he failed to recuse himself in Trump v. Bennie G. Thompson.  Instead, he chose to conceal a blatant conflict of interest.

This illustrates a notable flaw in the SCOTUS... there is no mechanism to enforce accountability or ethical behavior, aside from impeachment (which in today's partisan environment would be impossible to enact).  Justices are simply left to choose whether or not they want to act ethically, and partisan politics will protect them if they choose the latter.

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 March 2022 at 11:45pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

In the future, some SCOTUS opinions will be questionable because Thomas wrote them.

What a disgrace.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2022 at 12:54pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

You can't start a congressional investigation just because you disagree with someone's political beliefs.  

If you see more than that here, what am I missing?

Thomas' wife was so manic about overthrowing the 2020 election she sent 29 crazed texts to Mark Meadows.(Wonder who else did Ginni texedt?) Yet, we’re supposed to believe she had the restraint and good judgment to “never discuss her work” with her husband. LOL

If you think the wife of a sitting Supreme Court justice advocating for an insurrection isn't a big deal... yeah, I guess you're missing a few things.

Obviously, SCOTUS is compromised in the Jan. 6th insurrection investigation.

-C!

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2022 at 3:24pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Which of the Justices was the sole dissenter regarding the Trump documents being seen by the Jan 6 investigation committee?

This isn’t about illegal activity. It is about unethical behaviour. In light of the recent Republican questioning to Ketanji Brown Jackson during her confirmation hearing I have to believe the Supreme Court is quickly becoming a US embarrassment. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 March 2022 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Just reading now that a federal judge says that Trump "more likely than not" committed felony obstruction of Congress on January 6th.

Judge orders (Trump attorney) John Eastman to release emails he attempted to withhold from the Jan. 6 committee.

Anytime now, Mr. Attorney General.

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 28 March 2022 at 12:11pm

<< Prev Page of 23 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |