Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 69 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.31--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 9:37am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Reminds me of the arguments we used to have about the difference between Thor's, Ororo's and Bobby's powers. 
I used to say Thor's was mystic in nature and therefore followed the rules of magic (God of Thunder? Then Thunder/Lightning is what he creeates/controls ... anywhere?) while Ororo controlled the existing weather, so anything involving the weather was her purview (humidityand temperature control, hurricanes. tornadoes, etc ... only on Earth?)  and Bobby's wheelhouse was ice (opposite in intent and depiction of the Human Torch, so internally generated?) so he couldn't create a heat wave if he wanted to.  < id="protanopia"> < id="deuteranopia"> < id="tritanopia">

I didn't win much, but it was fun :)
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 10:08am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

So often people seem to forget that Thor is a supernatural character. His power is based in magic. (Some have argued that Asgard represents Arthur C. Clarke’s maxim that science elevated to its highest point would be indistinguishable from magic, but in a reality where magic actually exists, what’s the point of that?)

Bring us back to the old question of who would win, Superman or Thor? I say Thor, because Superman, like everyone else, is vulnerable to magic. If Thor could get in one solid blow with Mjolnir, it would be like a regular guy hitting a regular guy—with a sledgehammer!

Ted Downum
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 10:29am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I got an unexpected thrill from seeing the X-Men return to the Sentinels' base. On some level, it has started to "feel like home" for our heroes.

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 10:36am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Agree on Thor and magic---but who can seriously even fight Superman when he has mind-bending super speed?  

He's got too much going for him.  That's why (dare I say it?) I always liked the old Superboy stories more because they were just utterly whimsical from start to finish.

Edited by Steven Queen on 24 February 2022 at 10:36am

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 11:27am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

QUOTE:
Bring us back to the old question of who would win, Superman or Thor? I say Thor, because Superman, like everyone else, is vulnerable to magic.

That's one of the reasons I'd take Captain Marvel over Superman in a fight between the two.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 11:41am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Bringing this back to the X-Men... I used to wonder what Colossus' "specialty" was among heroes who were "only" strongmen. The Hulk got to be the strongest, and the Thing was the toughest, so I decided that Colossus' specialty was the ability to transform to and from his super strong form. (I'm still trying to figure out Power Man's deal.)

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 11:46am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

He can use “beans” as an expletive and not be laughed out of class!

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 11:55am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Do you have your own favorite moment in the series, up to this point?

•••

Okay, I’ve thought about it, and I’ve decided it’s Wolverine’s “Chuck that Farley!” crack at Xavier!

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 12:05pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Choosing a favorite moment from this series is tough!

I do love the scene where Teri first encounters those "asparagus people" and Wolverine though.

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 2:36pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

This series has offered up some really fantastic moments. There's my favorite Ben Grimm shot in this very issue, there's terrific guest appearances, and the story has put our characters through a wringer-- with so much more to come!
Not to mention the return of (arguably) their greatest opponent yet in the form of Dark Phoenix.
All in all, it's been quite a rollercoaster and I hope we're a long way from the end of the ride.

Edited by Andrew Bitner on 24 February 2022 at 2:37pm

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 3:55pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Mine is still Wolverine's Sun-Hot Skeleton and the Brain Scramblies (playing at a local coffee shop near you!). It was such a unique injury that I don't believe he's ever suffered before.

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2022 at 5:04pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

The "Play along Summers. This babe has a temper." banter from Logan just hit that sweet spot for me. An absent social dynamic between the two of them I always loved.

<< Prev Page of 69 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |