average age of a member of Congress is 58. This is why
there is such a disconnect between what politicians do on
issues like climate change, gun control, abortion, etc and
what the public want.
Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2023 at 7:19pm | IP Logged | 2  

Marjorie Taylor-Greene and Matt Gaetz are younger, so... good point to keep making?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2023 at 7:32pm | IP Logged | 3  

"Yet, Republicans want to complain about Joe Biden's age?"

I think there are obvious signs that Biden is experiencing cognitive decline.  I don't think its to the point where he should be removed from office, but I think its a valid concern heading into the next presidential election.  

Yesterday's incident with McConnel raises the same concerns about him.

I would also add Diane Feinstein to this list.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2023 at 7:52pm | IP Logged | 4  

Those "obvious signs" were supposedly all over Hilary in 2016 because she tripped or stuttered or somesuch, yet I saw her on some show a few months back and she seemed fine. Will you get photoshopped pics of Biden looking ill on all the supermarket checkout areas via National Enquirer for November 2024? So wrong of him to be old, he should stop being that I guess... young folks like Kim Jong-Un would never blow up the world of course.

So quickly the story is not just about McConnell. :^/

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 27 July 2023 at 7:53pm

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2023 at 12:00am | IP Logged | 5  

"Those "obvious signs" were supposedly all over Hilary in 2016 because she tripped or stuttered or somesuch"

I've never thought that Hilary was physically or mentally incapable of being the President.  I think the effort to paint her that way was disingenuous.  In Biden's case, I'm not talking about him stumbling up the stairs to Air Force One or falling off his bike.  That could happen to anybody.  I'm talking about episodes in which he forgets what he's talking about mid-sentence.  Watch clips of Biden in his 40s and 50s.  He was extremely sharp.  The gaffes that he has become known for started much later in life.

As I said in my previous post, I don't think he should be removed from office.  Right now he is competent to serve, but there are signs he is declining, and he is 80 years old, so the speed of his decline could increase at anytime.  For people to be concerned about his age in the upcoming election is not  unreasonable.  

I feel the same way about McConnell.  That looked like a pre-stroke to me.

Edited by John Wickett on 28 July 2023 at 12:02am

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2023 at 12:10am | IP Logged | 6  

Biden was sharp when he ran for VP. He schooled Paul Ryan right and left during their debate, and shut down Ryan every time he said something wrong/lied, explaining why.

I would have happily voted for Biden if he had chose to run against Trump after Obama's second term. But the reason I voted for him in this past election was mainly because I wanted Trump out and would have voted for whoever the Democratic candidate was. I'm hoping he chooses not to run for re-election. But if he does, I'd rather have an out of his mind Biden over any GOP candidate. 

Edited by Brian Floyd on 28 July 2023 at 12:12am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2023 at 2:38am | IP Logged | 7  

As there is nothing that can be 'done' for it, I can't see the good in repeating the concern about Biden's age. Mostly it just helps anyone looking for a reason to not vote. Specific names and details on people better suited younger candidates always welcome however.

77 (or really any age) and whines and lies, 80 and takes responsibility and has been often too truthful... of course I'll go for 80.

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2023 at 4:49am | IP Logged | 8  

"77 (or really any age) and whines and lies, 80 and takes responsibility and has been often too truthful... of course I'll go for 80."

Comparing numbers is meaningless.  There are people who are older than Biden but still in full command of their faculties (Pelosi is 83, for example), and people younger than Biden who are not. So the cutoff for how old is too old varies depending on the person.  

"As there is nothing that can be 'done' for it, I can't see the good in repeating the concern about Biden's age."

The good that can be done is awakening the Democratic Party to the need for a better candidate.

Edited by John Wickett on 28 July 2023 at 4:53am

Chris Blaise
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2023 at 11:47am | IP Logged | 9  

In "GOP going to GOP" news:

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2023 at 4:02pm | IP Logged | 10  

Marjorie Taylor Greene NOT being expelled is a clear indication of how bad Congress is being run... she's been running unchecked for too long.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2023 at 4:45pm | IP Logged | 11  

Marjorie belongs in a mental facility.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 28 July 2023 at 5:09pm | IP Logged | 12  

There is a definite culture of fear in our country and our government. It was White fear that put Trumf in the White House, and fear of a second civil war seems to push our “leaders” away from their responsibilities.

<< Prev Page of 23 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |