Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 30 Next >>
Topic: Trump Loses Support… Locked Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 June 2023 at 2:41pm | IP Logged | 1  

... so how many here think the election was rigged??
•••

Sure it was. Right from the first one, when the Founders decided We the People were too dumb to elect George Washington on our own, and so created the Electoral College.

Well, to be clear, I was asking if anyone here believes the 2020 election was rigged... and that Trumf should've won (the Electoral College)... since many were assuming that would be the case considering all the signs and banter at the time.)

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 June 2023 at 3:42pm | IP Logged | 2  

2020 election most scrutinized... what value does what somebody says they think have if they haven't actually looked at all the info and then genuinely thought about things?

I strongly agree people can do or display anything within the law on their property.

Today seems to be at this stage in Trump-land: Never mind the well documented prolific arsonist and thief here, why there's a jaywalker over there who if we investigate them for five years we could find has littered once or twice! Gosh, I mean It's only fair that they don't go to jail that 'our' guy shouldn't either.

In other words... weasel, whine, excuse, blame, distract... hand straight back in cookie jar immediately (if it ever left).
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 June 2023 at 5:09pm | IP Logged | 3  

"If HOAs and historical associations can dictate what you can and can't do on your property to meet 'community standards,' wouldn't large, permanent and potentially offensive signage fall under that purview?"

The reason HOAs can do that is because homeowners living within the communities governed by the HOAs have contractually given them that authority.  When you buy a house within an HOA, you sign a document wherein you agree to abide by the CCRs.

So the HOA actually has more power to restrict political signs than a government entity would.
Back to Top profile | search

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 June 2023 at 5:52pm | IP Logged | 4  

"I was asking if anyone here believes the 2020 election was rigged... and that Trumf should've won (the Electoral College)."

No, but it was an unusual election.  Due to COVID, Nevada had universal mail-in voting.  You could vote in person (and many people did) but the state sent mail-in ballots to all registered voters; not just voters who requested them.  

That created a perception among some people that the election process was unsecure.  Local news channels ran stories showing stacks of discarded ballots laying around apartment complex mailrooms, etc., with the implication being that anyone could just pick up those ballots, fill them out, and send them in.  But there was no evidence of widespread fraud.

I'm looking forward to a return to normalcy in the next election, and hope that people will accept the results, whichever way it goes.

Edited by John Wickett on 21 June 2023 at 8:42pm

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2023 at 1:48am | IP Logged | 5  

John Wickett wrote:
I'm looking forward to a return to normalcy in the next election, and hope that people will accept the results, whichever way it goes.
I expect neither of those things will happen, particularly if Trump is one of the candidates.

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2023 at 3:40am | IP Logged | 6  

"I expect neither of those things will happen..."

Normalcy with respect to how the election is conducted. That already has happened, in 2022.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 22 June 2023 at 7:54am | IP Logged | 7  

John Wickett wrote:
Normalcy with respect to how the election is conducted. That already has happened, in 2022.

Kinda sorta.  Not really.  Many contested their losses up and down the ballot across the country due in no small part to what they claimed were “stolen elections”. Kari Lake still hasn’t conceded.  

I agree with Jason.  Personally, I think “normalcy” feels kind of quaint now.  This is the new normal, sad as that is. 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 22 June 2023 at 8:02am | IP Logged | 8  

John Wickett wrote:
 Due to COVID, Nevada had universal mail-in voting.  You could vote in person (and many people did) but the state sent mail-in ballots to all registered voters; not just voters who requested them.  

Nevada wasn’t the only state.  California did it too for the first time since I’ve lived here (nearly 30 years), as well as a number of states. Gotcha photos of dubious providence tried to paint universal mail-in voting as “fraught with fraud” and “ripe for exploitation”.  Typical FOX headlines.  They weren’t.  They aren’t.  But fear mongering almost always wins.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 22 June 2023 at 8:16am | IP Logged | 9  

Sorry for three posts in a row, but if your idea of a “return to normalcy” simply means lines of people at the ballot box with very few options for mail-in elections, as if that’s what makes elections “safe” and “secure”, I don’t really know what to say.  Rolling back options for people to vote, as the horrible, despicable Greg Abbott has done in Texas (link) makes the process neither “safe” nor “secure”.  It just disadvantages people. And, by the way, that’s its intent.  

Brennan Voboril
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2023 at 1:20pm | IP Logged | 10  

Haven't all of our elections been rigged in the sense that only men, and later women, with the means could run for office?  And further, that only those blessed by the powers that be would be allowed to run?  We're all grown ups here.  Do any of you really believe that the two main parties are not influenced by money?  By corporate interests?  Tobacco.  Guns.  Military contracts.  Arms sales.  Banking regulation, or lack thereof.  I'm sure others can cite more examples.

As far as Trump goes, love him or hate him (and the country seems split down the middle on that), he has some rather unorthodox views on foreign policy.  I tend to agree with Tucker Carlson that those views are what got Trump into trouble, not the rest of his antics.  

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2023 at 1:47pm | IP Logged | 11  

"...but if your idea of a “return to normalcy” simply means lines of people at the ballot box with very few options for mail-in elections, as if that’s what makes elections “safe” and “secure”, I don’t really know what to say."

Not what I said, and that's not what happens in my state.  

Anyone who wants to can vote using a mail in ballot.  They just have to request it.  Nevada also has abundant early voting opportunities at temporary polling stations that are set up all over the place in the weeks leading up to election day (many are even open at night; especially in Vegas, because so many people work on the strip and don't have traditional 9-5 work schedules).  

More than half of Nevada voters avail themselves of one of these methods of voting, and on election day there are usually enough polling stations to keep lines short and moving very quickly.  Its been many years since I've waited more than 5-10 minutes to vote.  The state generally does a pretty good job handling elections.

2020 was an exception.  The election WAS secure, but they did a bad job conveying that, in order to ensure public confidence in the process.  The decision to switch to universal mail-in voting was made less than 3 months before the election, with very little explanation as to how voter fraud would be prevented.  So when the national media started questioning election integrity, and local news channels started running stories like the one I referenced in my previous post, there were people who questioned the integrity of the process, and unfortunately the state didn't jump on those stories and provide clear answers.

Edited by John Wickett on 22 June 2023 at 1:50pm

Casey Sager
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2023 at 2:15pm | IP Logged | 12  

"National Media" meaning FOX and almost no one else was questioning the integrity of the process.

Trump stated immediately when he lost that it was stolen from him ...with no proof or evidence and none has come forth since.

He also claimed for months leading up to the election that the only way he'd lose to "this guy ( Biden )" is if the election was stolen from him.

No one should be surprised when his lemmings went crazy when he lost as he'd been goosing them for months.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 30 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |